When you start getting uncomfortable sleep, it is time for you to start thinking about a new bed or mattress. Buying a new comfortable bed mattress is sometime confusing since there are so many different brands, materials, thickness, density, size, quality and also price available in market. Then selecting a mattress that is as your dream in order to replace current mattress is crucial. In this buyers guide, you can find some tips, suggestions and advices how to choose the right foam mattress.
- Choosing The Suitable Size
- What Memory Foam Mattress Thickness Should I Buy?
- How To Consider A Proper Density?
- Should I Select A Certain Brand Only?
Back to the Top
Spending some time to do a little research becomes very important when you are really just starting to know what is the best memory foam mattress you should select. Browsing in internet for some tips on how to find the best mattress is one you can do to start searching.
Ok, now we start to understand how to pick the best memory foam mattress.
First, you have to specify what kind of memory foam mattress you are looking for, whether based on of the brand, size, density, thickness, price range, or other features. And you need to know about the basic of memory foam properties.
- can accommodate one or two people
- can be adjusted to existing mattress box
- can be adjusted to the size of your bedroom
..so, the size of the mattress be your main concern. In general, the size of the mattress to offer are:
- California King. Dimension : 72 in x 84 in or (183 cm x 213 cm)
- Full / Double. Dimension : 54 in x 75 in or (137 cm x 191 cm)
- King. Dimension : 76 in x 80 in or (193 cm x 203 cm)
- Queen. Dimension : 60 in x 80 in or (152 cm x 203 cm)
- Twin / Single. Dimension : 37.5 in x 74.5 in or (95 cm x 189 cm)
- Twin XL / Single Dimension : 37.5 in x 80 in or (95 cm x 203 cm).
But there are also certain brands that produce mattresses with other measures such as
- Super single.
- Olympic queen.
How to Select The Right Thickness Memory foam Mattress
Back to the Top
The thickness of the mattress is a very important factor you need to consider when selecting and buying a memory foam mattress. The thickness of the mattress will determine how comfortable a mattress can give to your body when you’re lying down and sleeping. n determining the thickness of the mattress is often associated with body weight of the user. Because each person’s body weight varies, hence the preference comfortable mattress will vary for each individual.
The memory foam thickness ranges that available in market are from 6 inch to 14 inch. And each thickness (in theory), to determine how much load the user’s body that can be supported to provide comfort.
- 6 inch can support less than 200 pounds. Recommended 6 inch memory foam mattress from Best Price Mattress.
- 8 inch can support up to 200 pounds. Recommended 8 inch memory foam mattress from Lucid.
- 10 inch can support up to 250 pounds. Recommended 10 inch memory foam mattress from Lucid.
- 12 inch can support up to over 250 pounds. Recommended 12 inch memory foam mattress from Sleep Innovations.
The thicker the mattress of your choice, the more expensive the price you pay. From the data above, you can choose how thick the memory foam mattress you choose so as to provide comfort while sleeping.
What Good Memory Foam Mattress Density To Choose?
Back to the Top
Density memory foam mattress is a unit of the amount of foam visco elastic is in a layer of a mattress. Memory foam mattress density is expressed by formula pounds per cubic foot. The level density of a memory foam mattress determines how fast the reaction to a given temperature and pressure. The greater the density of the memory foam, the more slow reaction to temperature and pressure, and vice versa.
Density of a mattress to influence how much support mattress for your body. How big is the softness given to comfort your body. How long can the mattress durability you can use. And density also gives effect to the selling price of the memory foam mattress. Preferences of each person on the mattress comfort associated with density, vary greatly. This is because the weight, height of each person is different and also the desire for comfort mattresses differently.
To help facilitate judging the firmness of a mattress by its density, often called the hard, soft and medium.
- Low density memory foam mattress: Less than 3 pounds per cubic foot. It firmness is soft. This Sleep Innovations 12 inch memory foam mattress is a good sample of a low density.
- Medium density memory foam mattress: Range between four to five pounds per cubic foot. It firmness is medium. And most people prefer this density as a right blend of support, comfort, durability and price. A recommended 4 pound 12 inch foam mattress from Lucid as a sample.
- High-density memory foam mattress: Over than 5 pound per cubic foot. It offers a hard firmness that only for people with body weight. This kind firm memory foam mattress is most chosen by those who has back problem, due to the support properties provided. This is a recommended high density memory foam mattress : Best Price Mattress 8″ Memory Foam Mattress
Are You A Fan Of A Certain Brand?
Back to the Top
What the best brand for memory foam mattresses? What memory foam mattress brand should I buy? Maybe those question is in your head now. Due to so many memory foam mattress brands that offer their “the best memory foam” makes you confused for a choice.
Actually, brand option is more as a psychological matter in purchasing a mattress. There are some people that only buy a certain brand for any type of mattress. But there are also other people who select the technical detail first as their option, and brand is the last consideration. Here we offer the best brand of memory foam mattresses that you can see the reviews one by one on the menu navigation on top o this site.
Hope this help you in buying the best ever memory foam mattress that can provide you the most supportive and excellent comfortable sleep at night.
Incoming search terms:
- 250 pounds best memory mattress
- is five pound memory foam hard